Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Obsessed with Lace

Hello blog,

I know, I am a terrible updater. Mainly it’s because I haven’t hooked my apartment up to internet, and I don’t really plan to because I’m getting along fine without it. I get enough internet on my lunch at work. I am thinking of getting an iphone though, so I wonder if that would change anything.

The problem with only having the internet at work though is that the pictures on my computer don’t always get posted in a timely fashion. Not a big deal, but a little annoying. This is the reason there is no picture for this post right now.

In knitting news, I am currently working on the Travelling Roses scarf and I’m obsessed with it. The pattern is lovely, but requires a lot of attention. The lace repeat is about 50 rows long so memorizing is not really working. I’m using Misti Alpaca Lace, and I am in love with that as well. It’s so unbelievably soft.

So I’m obsessed with lace right now. This project has inspired me to really get into more lace knitting, and I am itching to cast on for another one. I’m thinking of starting the Swallowtail Shawl or some other lace scarves. I also want to make the Featherweight Cardigan, even though that is not lace, only laceweight.

Another thing I like about lace knitting is that it is kind of economical. Laceweight comes in such high yardage for so little cost. I can knit an entire scarf out of one hank that costs less than $10. I keep looking online at the laceweight yarn I want to buy. I have way too much yarn already in my stash (but it is not laceweight). Obsessed.

Speaking of stash, I have a ton of bulky Alpaca blend yarn that is dying to be made into a sweater. It being almost summer though, I am not really much in the mood for a bulky sweater. But with my luck if I start it now it won’t be done until winter anyway.

I think that’s about enough update for now. Pictures to follow eventually!

No comments: